Monday, December 3, 2012

Berix setting up for Christmas

 It's that time of year again, time to bring out the colorful decor, and spice up your spruce.
I've been reaching into old Bionicle Christmas photos from a year or two ago. Quite a few of them are poor in quality, but I feel with a little enhancement, they can be slightly redeemed with a little more background interest that gives them instant life.

In the above photo panel, Berix (with a different mask) is setting up for Christmas by hanging a wreath on the door. Again, I made a photo panel purely for easier online sharing. It also makes it easier to see all four images as a whole.

Below you will find each image on it's own, and I give more detail on each.


 (Above) this picture is my favorite out of the four, being that the background seemed to blend surprisingly well. I like the depth this image seems to hold, with the frosted woods, and lumpy snow. I was originally going to crop off the top part of the house, but it didn't look right without it, so we'll just say that the characters who slightly show on the balcony are helping decorate the upper floor.
    I also like the darkness with hints of light this picture has. It feels more like a real photo because of this (or at least to me it does).
 (Above) a closer view of Berix on the porch, to get a better view and feel like you're inviting yourself to the house. (Below) Even closer close up, showing a little more woods to the side lines, and indicating there's a slights slope to the surrounding yard of the house.


 (Above) a side line view of Berix hanging the wreath. Again, I love the feel of the background which didn't exists in this image. It seems to make the picture more inviting, and leads you up to the front door. I also added lights to the characters eyes.

(left) Original front of house image. Doesn't look as fun with a closet and shawl visible, which clearly show the set is a dollhouse and toys.

Porch lights are train station model lights, originally meant to be large street lamps for models.



(Left) front porch view before improved lighting and background. A little detail is that I used wire bead garland for the trees, and the wreath is made of pipe cleaners.











(Left) the even closer close up before the background was added. I feel the background added a little extra magic to the image, giving it that winter appeal. Oh and almost forgot to mention, the background was a desktop image adjusted to size and tweaked in light and color.








(Left) Side view. You have to admit the backdrop beats seeing part of my messy room. ^.^

Stay tuned for more fun Bionicle pictures yet to come. ^_~  Happy blogging.





No comments:

Post a Comment