Monday, October 8, 2012

Female jungle bot design

Finally, this image has taken me several days longer than I expected. I had this urge to make a female character several days ago after browsing through Bionicle related art on DA. I just started drawing, didn't know where it would lead, didn't even know what color I was going to make her till I was done sketching.

At first I thought she would be blue, but as I drew, I knew she would make a perfect female jungle type, characters that exists specifically in the old role play series of mine, "Life of Lewa"....still pending to be written.

After adding in the double scythe staff for interest, that's when I decided she would officially be a jungle type. In the story, certain female jungle types are professional scythe wielders, and at one time in their history, served as very aggressive warriors, a trait that eventually wore off among the majority. 

The added background to the image isn't mine, again an image from the internet that I tweaked for my use. I feel it aids the figure marvelously.

 (Above) Main image without background. Unfortunately the crispness of the image was depleted since it had to be shrunk for the low resolution background. This just shows you how appealing the background makes her though.

(Below) black and white base images before color and background. Please ask if you wish to use the digital inked version as a coloring sheet.
 I prefer inking all my images digitally, leaves room for mistakes that are easily forgiven, unlike when using an actual pen. Above is the digitally inked version, and below is the pencil image.
Interested to see my work all in one place, please visit my Deviant art http://pearllight180.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment