Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Trill's Houseplant Exploration

 Finally, edited pictures of Trill have been made (date actually completed being May 18, 2017).
 
I tend to find scenic spots in the houseplants for Trill to hang out in. For several days now I've been eyeing the Chinese evergreen in the bathroom, which is supported by bakers twine tied to false flower stems wedged in the dirt.  I also like how the edge of the pot appears to be a sectioned off garden plot.
The way it looked between the leaves reminded me of some island scene where either Trill or another Matoran tied the tree to supporting poles to keep it upright. Could be someone planted this tree some time ago, and as it grew it needed support.

This tree grows nearby to the coast of Ga Koro. Trill likes to come here for shade.
I had Trill observed the rope to make sure it didn't need replacing (left). Trill does after all know how to make new rope if need be. I found the bathroom plant served well for photo adventures with Trill, especially with LED lighting and blue walls.Trill in the bathroom plants looks great with eye and head glow.
 
I also made do with the larger Chinese Evergreen pictures taken in the front room (the mini jungle). There was one version of Trill calling out which wasn't so blurry it couldn't work as a picture, so I blurred the background a bit and gave it some life (right).
 
Unfortunately, even after turning on the lights, the plant was so shaded that the camera had trouble taking a clear picture, and all three of my attempts turned out a bit fuzzy.
That's not to say I couldn't use the shakiness of the images to my advantage. Trill held her hands up so her voice would carry as she called for someone, but this pose could just as easily be Trill screaming at something. With a few adjustments like motion blur, I could make these images appear as though something is coming after her.
The blurrier version of Trill calling out remained inspiring for Trill screaming out. With a bit of radial blur I wanted to give the viewer a sense of seeing Trill through a creatures eyes as it tries coming at her. To add to the dramatic moment, I played with Trills mask and stretch her mouth to look like she's actually screaming (right).
There are always those occasions where photography may be blurred, and then I thought how it's funny that there's radial or motion blur filters in some programs to get the look, yet here I have it happening naturally. This may seem like a wasted shot, until I thought of how to use it and what it might entail.

Who is Trill speaking to? Why are her hands up? Whoever or whatever it is may be having trouble focusing after getting hit by a lone tranquilizer dart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment