Friday, April 8, 2016

Tree-Sleep

Dating back to the year 2010, "Tree-Sleep" was a dream image based off a few scenes from the Life of Lewa fan fiction. I improved the image later on, adding in a sparkling sky with clouds and a moon, plus an additional blue filter.

This scene displays part of the story when Lewa would climb up into a jungle tree to rest in one of the giant moonlight flowers which open at night, growing from large vines that wrap themselves around large trees.
 
 In order to heighten the magical sense I get when thinking about how peaceful it must be to rest in a large flower beneath the stars, with the thought of having a perfect temperature carried through a gentle breeze, I made this video. 
A musical compilation of songs that struck the mood of this scene, a way to tell part of the story through imagery and music, a selection of clips from different movie songs I like the sound of.
 
 I did play with shades, this version is what the scene is like without a blue filter.
 The absolute original image was a group project. My friend drew the flower, I then drew in the rest, then colored the picture with marker. As part of the story, Lewa had eaten a jungle fruit shared with him by his wife, Venimbus. This fruit changed his appearance slightly, the tannins on the toxic side towards Toa, resulting in a sudden immunity and a new paint job of scaly accents, a Junti trait considered to be attractive. This is why I drew Lewa with added scale details.

No comments:

Post a Comment