Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Matachillie Maps

 I figure it's time  I share these rough maps created for the old Bionicle RP known as MN-CN-I, name then switched to the adventure of Matachillie, a world that connects to the continuing RP known as Mata Nui Investigators (MN-I).

At the time I created these maps as a guide to other members of the RP, so they would know how I dreamed of the villages of this alternate Mata Nui with its own advances and improvements. 

The Ga Koro map was my final experiment of expression before the starter days of Matachillie RP came to an end due to player complications. However, I'm glad to have made it, enjoying the challenge of creating false maps and blueprints. 

 Matachillie's Ga Koro is rather large, the size of a decent small town complete with two main docks and shoreline living areas. 
I found the digital process of map making was more satisfying in the sense of crisp, clean lines. It helped me play with my layout of the village more, giving me room to adjust. Overall, this is my favorite map.
My very first map layout for the dimension was of Ta Koro, which I left mostly incomplete and only put in the main spots most mentioned during the RP. I didn't want to spend too much time on it, so I left it simple.
 
 Second map I made was a more enjoyable process, though not a full view of the Le Koro region. I wanted to show the mini village of my OC Onah, the female air Toa of the RP. This mini village was located just outside the Le Koro region, and most of the acting that went on with the players and their characters took place here. 

I personally enjoyed this map because I've always liked the idea of mini villages for family lineages, especially in a jungle setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment