Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Seawing Book Cover

Seawing the book cover. After some experimentation, this is about as close as I could get to a concept in my head. 

I just couldn't wait, I wanted to tackle the cover before making anymore character postcards, hence why you're now seeing the three main characters, Seawing being the first focus, Silvermask second, and Shredwing looming at the top beneath the title.

It was interesting to experiment with elements that got the feel across, a wave of water seeming to be pushed outward by the determined Seawing, green plants and a faint view of the ocean moving around Silvermask who stands in the dark same as Shredwing, a way to meld the secret of the story. I felt the plants and ocean back scene helped express the island theme of this world.

I sort of tried to color balance through the cover with reds, blues, and greens, adding white water mist to the border just to pull it together a tiny bit.

Not sure if I'm completely happy with it, but it seems to be nice enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment