Monday, January 19, 2015

Lewa's First Date

 Oh the beauty of this picture. Something about it that makes me want to jump in and stand on the tree house porch too.

From Life of Lewa chapter 10 "Lewa's First Date". This scene depicts Lewa clumsily sharing a bouquet to Venimbus on the porch of her private tree home. He wasn't suppose to follow her, but he did. Yay for him. :D
 Close up shot for fun, stuffing that bouquet in her face without meaning to.

Because extra shots and bloopers are always fun. Lewa says, "I brought you some flowers".

The Making of 

This projects was fun. Late at night I rushed to get the photo shoot done, using basic techniques as usual.

How did I do it? Used my favorite cardboard props which served as Venimbus's tree house, hid the background with my black foam board, hung my fake plants over the sides of the building and backdrop, and my favorite part; lined the wall, made a door, and created a porch platform by using a bamboo place mat and sushi roll mats. This worked surprisingly well for the jungle theme, and made me love the scene when it was completed.

That bouquet in Lewa's hands was assembled with small fake flowers and a green pipe cleaner that held the bunch together, and made it so Lewa
could hold it.


Seeing Lewa has a travel bag, and I didn't have one that fit properly, I used a mini leather bag that has a pink and purple shell on it. To hide that detail, I kept the bag's blank side towards the camera to give the illusion that Lewa had a plain leather travel satchel.

The rest of my work was done in PSE where I cut out the background and replaced it with a tweaked desktop image of some jungle trees. I also replaced the wall color on Venimbus's home with a dusty teal tone, and with some cut and paste tricks, added a roof to the image.

Final tweaks were all about light and level adjustments, and I was enchanted when the work was completed.

A final note, the joke flower image of Lewa holding the bouquet out to you is the same scene tweaked to look different. I'd say he's in more of a backyard setting in that scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment