Saturday, November 1, 2014

Jungle-water suit-concept

Old concept work done back in 2009 or so. I designed a jungle theme for Pearllight's many element modes her suit can switch to. Original on the right, nice and green, and much to my surprise even liked by mom.

I was going for a snake theme, or something jungly, semi reptilian even. But then I was told the scales and the overall appearance looked more like a water dwelling creature. That made me wonder how it would look blue, and I ended up with the left image in the panel.

Personally I love both, and the blue version seems really pretty. The general concept for this suit theme came from the idea of when my character travels through the forest of the Bionicle universe, may even use it to blend in later during the Life of Lewa series.

The blue version of this, I've considered using somewhere too. Nothing wrong with having a base design in different shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment