Thursday, July 3, 2014

Shadow Pearl

 *Evil laugh* I've been fixing to make this forever. Ever wonder what Pearllight would be like evil? This is it, I give to you, shadow Pearl (a joint drawing related to an original concept of my character when she's angry. Note she's squishing a cupcake in her right hand; that was part of the original idea.)
In original concept I wanted to make angry Pearl because I was..well, angry. Now I see shadow Pearl is even more interesting; where she's from, in the RP on G+ Pearllight gets scratched by a Rahkshi of poison, then shot by a Rahkshi of anger. Both effects combined result in shadow Pearl, a nasty, cold, cruel version of Pearllight. The base design can also be applied to the concept of Jusha Pearl in the LoL universe (one of her many disguises while she does research in the dark forest).

Pearllight will be facing a nightmarish side of herself in RP before she's cured of it (by Tokuta of course). So glad to have crossed this image off the list, starting yesterday, finishing today.
Base pencil sketch (above). It's actually easier to see her eyes when it's not colored..but oh well, her eyes look smaller in the colored version (just an illusion because of the color black). I enjoyed adding the additional armor details and shadowy tribal frame sides; gave it just the right touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment