Friday, December 6, 2013

Proportionate Pearllight Suits

Pearllight form 1
Last month I decided to work on drawing Pearllight over my fashion forms to find out how my character would look when drawn over exact proportions. 
I found that she looked kind of funny when drawn accurately. In fact, in my eyes the cuteness level ended up rising more than expected, and her character seems to appear even more innocent than I thought she would.
Pearllight form 2
 I actually prefer form 2 over form1. Could have something to do with the pose; but in either respect, I like the way they turned out. 
The part that was hard to figure out was fitting the shoes. In some ways the height aspect of my character isn't quite accurate enough in these pictures. Her platform shoes are suppose to be seven inches thick, and her feet are somewhere on the inside high above the base. But, I couldn't figure out how that would look over my forms, so I drew them more like an actual shoe; not some high tech, spring loaded platform boot.


Above and below are the pencil drawings and inked images. Pencil versions (left), inked versions (right). Both pictures were drawn on marker paper, inked; and then colored with Prismacolor markers, and jell pen.
Jell pen was used for the gold sections of the suit, and a few silver spots; the rest was marker.


I'll admit it; it seems I've been in a big Pearllight craze lately. And I took this all a step further by designing my characters under suits. Since those are more of a fashion statement and not so much a robot thing, I've blogged about them on my art site here (pending). Feel free to check it out and see what Pearllight wears under her suit. ^.~



No comments:

Post a Comment