Sunday, March 17, 2013

Specialty for St. Patrick's Day

 
Hello everybody! Being that it's St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to share an image that I absolutely love, created by the artists known as Disturbulator on Deviant Art. His image "Toa Nuva Heritage" is by all means what I would consider the most playful and festive image I could think of for today's holiday.

Before I get right into details about my personal likes on this picture, here's a link to Disturbulator's page for more great art.  http://disturbulator.deviantart.com/ ^_^

For starters, if this image were made into a greeting card for today's holiday, I would buy one. The thing I love most about this picture is the way emotion has been captured. Lewa's expression and body language says it all, to the point where I can just hear him joyfully tree speaking about the drinks. When a picture says everything without saying a word, you know you've done it right.

I also love the simplicity of the picture, and added Nuva symbol. The composition itself with the Irish pub-like lettering, in my opinion, would make a perfect poster for hanging in an Irish pub if those actually existed in the Bionicle universe. I can also see this being used as the billboard sign outside a Bionicle pub.^.^

Now for a little fun! Every time I look at this picture, all I can hear is a song done by The High Kings called,"Whiskey in the Jar" window for this peppy tune right below. Hope you guys have a great Sunday, And cheers to Disturbulator for his comical art piece! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment