Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pearllight's injury

In story lines of my past, Pearllight has always been that happy problem solver, and her world never seemed to be down. Sure, that was the Pearllight of the past, but now days she's not as bubbly in character.

Since I tend to imagine from both ends of the spectrum, I also think about the sad side of what her character faces. One of those sad sides would be rejection, and being mistreated, or misunderstood. There have been times, many times I've felt this way, which is why I've imagined similar circumstances happening to Pearllight (me in another universe).

I made this picture about a month ago, and was expressing my feelings on paper that night. Pohatu tenderly came to Pearllight's aid when finding her limp, lying on a stone near the ocean. Pohatu has always been the one character who understood Pearllight most. Why? You may wonder, was Pearllight so sad that she fell asleep in the rain; well, she had been attacked by the Turaga, and shunned by the Toa for something she didn't do, and questioned what it was she did wrong. The elders and Toa didn't realize they harmed Pearllight's heart with their actions, and later Pohatu points out their fault, after finding Pearllight so sad, and uncaring.

Truthfully, in a main story line sense, this wouldn't have actually happened; but since I think up multiple options, for multiple stories, this particular scene would have happened in one of the alternate universes that come to mind for all ideas. 


This is a song I feel matches the emotion of the sketch, and what I was trying to portray at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment