Thursday, May 10, 2012

Insulted Matoran

Originally this picture wasn't going to have the text I gave it. At first I was going to make her say, "Awww, look at the cute midget bots." (which I might use later); but then I got a better idea.

I feel like this picture expresses the irritation of looking younger than you really are. That sort of problem runs in my family, and my best internet friend faces the same issue. So here's for you "older than you look" people out there.

What was supposed to stay simple, turned out being more work than I intended.
Even when doing something comical, I try making it look nice. 4 days of work later, and I'm now posting it.:P

The three Matoran and the girl were drawn on paper, scanned, and then colored digitally. Now as for my representation of Pohatu, I sketched him out directly in the program (I started getting lazy by that point). I feel Pohatu is the least perfect of them all, but I pushed my inner critic away, and told myself it didn't matter, since this was supposed to be on the comical side anyway. 

Also, I've been trying to work at drawing movement, so this is a start. You can tell I didn't take as much time drawing it out as I did with my Pearllight poster; but still, for being a simple comic, it's not bad.

These are the two base sketches of the main piece. Left image was the concept sketch; I used the form from this sketch to make Pearllight. Right is a full detail draft of the Matoran figures which were then outlined and colored digitally.

Happy viewing. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment