Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Nerd Soup- The Disposer



The disposer is a nick name I gave this spiky green guy lurking around the waters of a grave yard.

I felt like doing a bit of photo art with a picture I call Nerd Soup (left). This was from Aug. 1, 2017, a day I was cleaning a bunch of Bionicle parts.

The bowl full of murky water and pieces reminded me of a watery grave, and that tied in with the idea that something could live in those waters which is why there's so much death in it. 






I decided to create a creature for that idea, and called him Disposer. This creature is selected from a photo I took of a friend's Bionicle design a long time ago. He seemed like a fitting creature for the scene, so he got the role.

Editing involved selecting the image, erasing part of his legs, placing him onto the scene, using different kinds of gradients and brush textures, along with the technique of creating a copy layer, applying glowing edges, inverting it, and setting the blending mode to darken. This gave me that painted and partially outlined look.


I also played with different color stages over the image. The version above is the toxic green fog version.

Then there's the dimmed classic monster movie version (left), and also the sepia journal page version (right).

No comments:

Post a Comment