Monday, October 24, 2016

Trillahru MOC

You remember Trillahru, the map maker. Yesterday I finally took pictures of her MOC I made recently. Here she is in the village of Ga Koro just outside someones hut, possibly hers. 

Trill seems perfectly fine as an MOC for playing with, but then it occurred to me that her build and mask type may be mistaken too quickly as an MOC of Turaga Nokama. Unfortunately no choice seems appropriate to get the look of Trill in toy form considering my blue mask options are limited, and the ones that match fairly well to her drawn features happen to be masks associated with big name Bionicle canon figures like Nokama and Hahli. I could have given her the mask of Gali Mata, but that would just cause people to think it's Hahli, and this mask choice may bring the idea that it's Turaga Nokama. 
It's a win/lose sort of deal with how the build of Trill turned out....But the illustrations still make me fairly happy.
This village scene of her posing awkwardly is a digital collage made from selected images of beach scenery and lily pads. Left version is the full detailed image, but I felt blurring the background gave more focus to Trill (right)
 
 I have a main version with blurring and no glowing vignette. This one has an added green filter as a last minute adjustment, to try and balance the realism of a toy placed in a digital setting.

I'm not sure if the green tinting helped, but it's here.
 
Also, I played with shadow direction, trying to figure out which way hers should go in order to create a proper illusion. This one seems to work, yet at the same time I'm not sure if it keeps the right illusion. I played more with this one, aiming to make it seem as realistic as I can without being too extreme in photo editing. The picture on the right might be a better choice as a main image.

I felt the lily pads needed to sink into the water more since Trill still has weight to her. The water also seemed to need a slight ripple, and reflection of Trill's shadow. I added a green tint in lighting, got rid of the white vignette glow, and blurred the hard edges of Trill's form. Seems alright.
Here are the detailed versions of Trill running along a sandy trail. One plain and the other with a vignette frame to make it seem kind of like a postcard.
Again, I blurred the background to help bring focus on Trill. This scene with the hazy vignette seems kind of dreamy to me. It's like an old photo captured in time, Trill no doubt running after Pearllight as the two play during a day of exploration.

In the scene of Trill running, the youthful spring in her movements seem to help diminish the concept of her form being that of Turaga Nokama. And her spear doesn't look like Nokama's staff of authority, it's merely the only thing I had on hand which looked kind of like a spear.
Since I can never decide, here's the non vignette version. Still makes a good picture for a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment