Thursday, July 21, 2016

Young Air Spirit

I recently scanned some old art from my marker paper pad, and on one of the pages there Lewa was next to a quirky pink flower I drew as a marker experiment.

It's obvious what Toa I'm a big fan of for multiple reasons. I know this Phantoka drawing looks a bit different, but that's because this version is based off the toy I played with so much when I was a kid. I switched out Lewa's Phantoka arms with Matau's green arm pieces, wanting more green on the set, because you can never have enough green. :P

Okay, so disclaimer, I didn't make the background. The jungle setting in flat shades is from online, but it seemed to add more....life? To the marker sketch. At first I was going to use one of my own backgrounds, but found it didn't work well for this.

What Lewa is doing in this scene is up to ones imagination. I have no idea, I just liked him being there.

On the left is the basic drawing with no background. All of it was done with Prismacolor marker excluding outline.

I find Lewa to look kind of young and almost childish in this image, hence the title. I guess a youthful look and Lewa actually go together rather well considering his personality traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment