Sunday, May 29, 2016

Lewa's Shadow

Long time back when my blue LED Christmas lights were still up and working in my room, I had put my two Lewa sets on the desk (Axalara and Phantoka versions), finding the shadows of them to be interesting as they were cast on my closet door.
Original without lighting adjustments is a bit harder to see, but I thought I'd share color difference.
 The main image is on the left. Though the sets are both Lewa toys, I use the Axalara set as another character (Erozion, Lewa's son). This image is a reminisce for the Life of Lewa series, shadows of the past if you will. In this image I imagined Lewa and Erozion going on a walk in either the moonlight or possibly in the city of this alternate dimension which Life of Lewa takes place.

I imagine the two having a long conversation about life, hopes, dreams, responsibilities, training yourself out of reckless behavior and learning from your mistakes. No doubt Ero was having a tough week and had made a few mistakes which left him feeling kind of ill, so Lewa took him out for a walk to try and help him get back on top in mood. A little venting is never a bad idea. 

I have some emotional attachments to this piece, especially because I'm able to relate to the characters. Dreaming about what I just wrote makes me wish I could actually be there in the perfect night weather while the green dudes talk things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment