Sunday, October 26, 2014

Coffee Sweet and Chilled

This was a request image; Sapphire Gothic Lolita asked if I could make an image of Kopaka and her character Debbie having iced coffee.

It's the first basic request I've taken....probably won't be a frequent thing for me to do because I have so much on my own project plate to do. In this case though, I figured why no give it a try? It's sort of like a way to thank SGL for drawing my MOC Frona twice because she liked it, and I appreciate the fact someone was inspired off what I make.

I didn't expect the piece to turn out like it did (so much for I'll take it simple). Somehow it ended up coming out the way it did and took about the same time, a little less as a regular art piece (started and finished it today O.O) 

Plus, is it me? Or does Kopaka look oddly smexy? (Did not intend that, it just happened). :P 
Like the title? It was inspired off Kopaka's lines in the Bionicle movie when he says, "Rahkshi, washed and chilled".
 
The thing that kept me driven on making the piece despite the work it would take, is the challenge of turning Debbie from a humanized Bionicle drawing into a basic Bionicle drawing. Rather funny, because SGL likes looking at Bionicle figures and Humanizing them; whereas I faced the challenge of doing the opposite of that. I even used my own styles so I could add some of the fashion aspects to the figure (hope it's okay).

 The drawing below is what I worked off as a reference.
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/286/b/4/bionicle_oc__toa_debbie_2015_full_body_by_sapphiregothiclolita-d82nw1l.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment